Blood Heart curriculum overview
Our topic for this half term is 'Bloodheart'.
English and maths lessons will be delivered live twice daily. Story time and French lessons will be delivered live in the afternoon at scheduled times.
Our English work is cross curricular with our theme. Within this we will look at:
- Our core text 'Pig Heart Boy', will cover diary writing, letter writing (formal and informal), newspaper articles, text comprehension and prediction.
- Editing and Improving our work
- Grammar curriculum for Y5 and Y6
- Spelling strategies
- Higher level punctuation, including colons and semi-colons
- Reading comprehension
- Measures: weight, capacity and length
- Angles: angles in triangles and quadrilaterals, missing angles and types of angles
- Area and Perimeter
- The circulatory system
- Healthy diet
- The effect exercise has on heart rate
- Blood components
- The continents, equator, hemispheres and biomes
- The physical and human features of North and South America
- Focus on well-being at home and mental health
- Core PE skills (Thursday)
- Shading and sketching