Spring Term 2
As the children return to school following a second period of lockdown, Hazel Class will be focusing on well-being and supporting the children with resettling into school after such a long period of absence. We feel that it is important that the children are given the time to adjust to school life and we will be carrying out a number of games and activities to reignite positive relationships with the staff and fellow classmates and support re-engagement with learning and wider school life.
Our topic for this half-term is, 'Mountains'. We will be focusing on a comparison between Ben Nevis in Scotland and the Matterhorn in Italy and Switzerland. During this topic, we will be thinking about how these mountains formed and what positive and negative impacts they have on the countries and local populations located near them.
Our English work is cross curricular with our theme. Within this we will look at:
- Letter writing
- Creating Alan Peat sentences.
- Using Alan Peat sentences in our work.
- Using a higher level of punctuation
- Editing and Improving our work
- Sentence work
- Spelling strategies
- Reading comprehension
- Recapping multiplication
- Recapping division
- Exploring fractions
- British Science Week
- Children will focusing on Salvation by exploring the Easter Story
- Children will be exploring the formation of mountains and what impact living near a mountain has on local people.
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Real P.E programme focusing on children's social skills (Thursday and Friday.)