The Terrible Tudors topic information and curriculum overview
Our topic for this half term is 'The Terrible Tudors'.
Our English work is cross curricular with our theme. Within this we will look at:
- Macbeth: characters, story plots, the language of Shakespeare
- Treason: Story writing, diary writing
- Editing and Improving our work
- Grammar curriculum for Y5 and Y6
- Spelling strategies
- Higher level punctuation, including colons and semi-colons
- Reading comprehension
- Fractions: equivalent, simplifying, comparing and ordering, mixed numbers, improper fractions, fractions of amounts, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions.
- Percentages of numbers
- Converting between fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Materials and their uses.
- Properties of materials: magnetic, transparent, hardness, conductivity etc
- Separating materials using sieving and evaporation
- Materials and reversible or irreversible changes to them.
- Was Jesus the Messiah?
- The Tudors: Reformation, legacy, exploration, battles, the wives of Henry VIII
- Tennis (Monday)
- Core PE skills (Thursday)
- Creating a frame
- joining materials