Autumn Term Curriculum Coverage
- Reading and writing a range of fiction and non-fiction texts including fantasy stories, descriptive writing, poems, short stories and letters.
- A range of writing skills including editing own work, writing collaboratively, complex sentences, grammar and spelling strategies.
- Speaking & listening skills.
- Punctuation - Higher level
- Whole class reading and comprehension sessions including gathering evidence from text and inference
- A range of cross-curricular writing opportunities.
- Autumn I core text: Stormbreaker
- Autumn II core text: Quest stories
- Earth and Space
- Was Jesus the Messiah?
- What does it mean to be a Muslim in Britain today?
- Place Value
- The four main operations: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Fractions – ordering, comparing, equivalent, fractions of amounts, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing.
- Link between fractions, decimals and percentages
- Decimals – ordering, comparing
- Percentages of number -10%, 25%, 50%, 11% etc.
- Special numbers: square, cube, square and cube root, prime
- Factors, multiples
- The Blues
- The Dark Ages
- Distribution of the World’s resources
- Comparing Mexico and Sweden
- Me and my relationships
- Valuing Differences
P.E / Games:
- Co-ordination, balance and agility, Haka
- Ball skill games: tennis/volleyball/Hockey
- Online Safety
- Introduction to Python
- Mixed Media
- Mechanical systems