This term, Hazel Class will be exploring life in ancient Egypt.
The will be focusing on the question, 'How do we know so much about the ancient Egyptian civilisation?'
- Children will be exploring different aspects of ancient Egyptian life through a variety of artefacts that have been discovered by archaeologists and Egyptologists.
- Children will learn about how important the river Nile was to the ancient Egyptians and how it is still important to the people living in Egypt today.
- Children will learn about the life of Tutankhamun.
- Children will learn about why we remember Cleopatra, the last of the ancient Egyptian pharaohs.
- Children will discover what happened to ancient Egypt after the death of Cleopatra.
- Children will learn about Howard Carter, the famous archaeologist and Egyptologist who was credited with the discovery of the tomb of Tutankhamun.
Check out our knowledge organiser below to see more about what we are learning in History!