Year 1 and 2 Curriculum
What we are learning about this term:
- Reading and writing a range of fiction and non-fiction texts including fantasy stories, descriptive writing, poems, short stories and letters.
- A range of writing skills including editing own work, writing collaboratively, simple sentences, grammar and spelling strategies.
- Speaking & listening skills.
- Whole class reading and comprehension sessions including retrieval and sequencing.
- A range of cross-curricular writing opportunities.
- Autumn I core text: Beegu
- Autumn II core text: Little Red Riding Hood and The Wolf’s Story
- Place Value to 200
- The four main operations: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication within 100
- Animals including humans
- What does it mean to belong to a faith community?
- What similarities and differences were there between Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole?
- What is the United Kingdom?
- How does Sharnford compare to London?
- Me and my relationships
- Valuing differences
P.E / Games:
- Fundamental skills: agility, balance and coordination
- Invasion Games and Dance
- Online Safety
- Computing systems and networks
- Pulse and Rhythm
- Mixed Media
- Mechanical systems