Year 1 and 2 Curriculum
What we are learning about this term:
- Reading and writing a range of fiction and non-fiction texts including non-chronological reports, poems, descriptive writing and adventure stories
- A range of writing skills including editing own work, writing collaboratively, simple sentences, grammar and spelling strategies.
- Speaking & listening skills.
- Whole class reading and comprehension sessions including retrieval, sequencing, prediction and vocabulary
- A range of cross-curricular writing opportunities.
- Spring I core text: Coming Home
- Spring II core text: Journey
- Everyday materials
- The four main operations: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication within 100 (consolidation)
- Length and Height
- Shape and propertise of shape
- Timbre and rhythmic patterns
- Pitch and tempo
- Textiles (puppets)
- Sculpture and 3D paper play
- Craft and design (embellishments)
- Why was Frank Whittle important to transport?
- How does Sharnford compare to Hunstanton?
- Keeping myself safe
- Rights and responsibilities
P.E / Games:
- Fundamental skills: agility, balance and coordination
- Gymnastics and Net and Wall Skills
- Online Safety