Autumn term curriculum
- Reading and writing a range of fiction and non-fiction texts including fantasy stories, descriptive writing and poems.
- A range of writing skills including editing own work, writing collaboratively, complex sentences, grammar and spelling strategies.
- Speaking & listening skills.
- Punctuation - Higher level
- Whole class reading and comprehension sessions including gathering evidence from text and inference
- A range of cross-curricular writing opportunities.
- Autumn I core text: Arthur and the Golden Rope
- Autumn II core text: The First Drawing
- Animals Including Humans
- Place Value
- The four main operations: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Times tables focus-
Year 4: 3, 6, 4, 8
Year 3: 2, 5, 10, 3, 4, 8
- Year 3- Singing
- Year 4- Recorder
- French adjectives of colour, size and shape
- Ancient Egyptian scrolls
- Prehistoric painting
- How can we learn about the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt?
- What impact did people in the Neolithic Era have on life today?
- How has Sharnford changed over time?
- How does the East Midlands compare to Baden-Württemberg?
- Me and my relationships
- Valuing Differences
P.E / Games:
- Co-ordination, foot work, balance
- Invasion games: Rugby
- Dance: Egyptians
- Online Safety
- Creating media: Video trailors