Chestnut Class 2022-2023
Welcome to our Chestnut Class page!
We are a mixed Year 1/2 class. The children are taught by myself (Miss Ward) and we have superb classroom support provided in and out of class by Mrs Hobbs, Miss Cairns, Mr Amos, Mrs Hopkins and Mrs Morgan.
Our priority is to provide a rich and exciting curriculum which ensures children are enthusiastic learners. We place a high emphasis on the value of reading, and with each child's education being a partnership between school and home, your support in this aspect, and when completing homework tasks, is invaluable.
We will communicate with you via phone calls, email and Facebook, but if you have any questions or queries then please don't hesitate to contact the school office and Mrs Proctor or Mrs Dixon will forward any messages.
- PE is Monday and Wednesday. Please ensure the children wear black/navy bottoms and white t-shirts only.
- Homework goes out on a Friday and is to be returned the following Friday fornightly.
- Reading, spellings and online mathematics (times tables and numbots) are to be completed weekly.
- Read four times a week and reading records will be checked every Friday.
- The children need their reading books and records in school everyday.
Miss Ward and the Chestnut Team
Here you will find useful links to guidance, resources and games to support children with their learning in Year 1 and 2. Copies of the homework tasks given to the children can also be found below.