Welcome to the home of Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education.
As a team we are excited to share with you our new scheme of work called SCARF.
SCARF stands for 'Safety, Caring, Achievement, Resilience and Friendship' Our children will be given an exciting opportunity to explore the importance of all of these aspects, with the aim that they then become equipped to manage their own feelings. We feel that in the current climate, this new resource has come at the perfect time for our children and wider community and we look forward to delivering regular and nurturing weekly sessions to the children in our care.
This curriculum has been designed with these goals in mind:
- We want our curriculum to enable our children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society.
- The curriculum will equip children with the skills necessary to keep themselves safe.
- We want our curriculum to help the children understand how they are developing personally and socially, and it will tackle many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up and be stimulated, challenged and nurtured.
- We want our curriculum to provide our children with opportunities for them to learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society.
- Our children are encouraged to develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community.
- The curriculum will give the children the skill base needed to help them understand, respect and establish healthy, positive relationships