Ancient Maya and Curriculum Information
Our topic for this half term is Ancient Maya.
Our English work is cross curricular with our theme. Within this we will look at:
- Description and atmosphere work based on the text 'Curse of the Ancient Maya'
- Short story writing based on Maya myths
- Editing and Improving our work
- Sentence work such as compound and complex sentences
- Spelling strategies
- Reading comprehension
- 2D and 3D Shape
- Area and Perimeter
- Triangles - drawing angles, calculating missing angles and constructing triangles
- Reflection and Translation
- Living Things and Classification
- What do religions tell us when life gets hard?
- Ancient Maya: What was special about the Maya civilisation?
- Staying safe
- Jasmine (Monday)
- Jasmine: Core PE skills (Friday)
- Zentangles and analysing famous artists: Hopper and Monet